Purpose

This blog focuses on the quest to know and please God in a constantly increasing way. The upward journey never ends. My prayer is that this blog will reflect a heart that seeks God and that it will encourage others who share the same heart desire.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Psalm 124

I wrote this poem several years ago, and it seems like a good message for today.

Reflection on Psalm 124 (Altered Outcome)

Without God on my side,
I'd have nowhere to hide.
Angry men marching hard, drawing near,
Would have swallowed me up with a cheer.

Without God on my side,
All my hope would have died.
Raging streams swirling fast, mounting tall,
Would have covered my head, ending all.

Without God on my side,
I in vain would have cried.
Cunning nets lying 'round, circling tight,
Would have snared me and finished the fight.

But with God on my side -
My Creator and Guide -
Loving help rushes in, standing strong,
And delivers my soul from all wrong.

"Had it not been the LORD who was on our side..." (v. 1&2) - absolute disaster and ruin would have happened.

But ... "Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth" (v. 8). Nothing is too hard for Him. He can do what no one else can, and He can save when no one else is capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As you leave comments and feedback, please remember that this site is desiged to edify and encourage.