Purpose

This blog focuses on the quest to know and please God in a constantly increasing way. The upward journey never ends. My prayer is that this blog will reflect a heart that seeks God and that it will encourage others who share the same heart desire.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Would Love to Tell

A valuable component of any relationship is appreciation for the other person. One values his spouse or friend when he realizes and remembers the wonderful characteristics of that person. It is important for a Christian to take time to think about his Savior; Charles F. Weigle reflected beautifully in his hymn "I Would Love to Tell You What I Think of Jesus."
 
The chorus states,

"No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin
And darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me."

These words nail what is so precious about Jesus. He is one of a kind, completely unmatched. There is no one who can care as much as the Savior. This great love was expressed by an action that no one else could have done either. No one else could save his friends from sin. What love!

The first stanza describes Him as "so strong and true." The testimony then continues.
"I would tell you how He changed my life completely;
He did something no other friend could do."

Again, no one else could do that. Friends or family may encourage someone to make good choices. They may influence him for the better. They cannot, however, change his life completely. Only Jesus has that power and ability.

The second stanza again identifies the motive for such intervention.
"Jesus placed His strong and loving arms around me
And He led me in the way I ought to go."


The wonder is that Jesus' love never ceases. His kind intervention in the lives of His children never ends. The third stanza gives this blessed truth.
"Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance;
More and more I understand His words of love."

Salvation is just the beginning. From there the love of God continues. In human relationships, love can grow cold. People can get into the habit of forgetting to tell others of their love. Jesus continues to reminds His redeemed ones of His love by expressing it to them day after day. As the believer reflects on this great love, he cannot help but to appreciate his Savior more and more. He is so precious!

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

As you leave comments and feedback, please remember that this site is desiged to edify and encourage.