Purpose

This blog focuses on the quest to know and please God in a constantly increasing way. The upward journey never ends. My prayer is that this blog will reflect a heart that seeks God and that it will encourage others who share the same heart desire.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

When God Can't Be Trusted

Where do we draw the line? When have we been tested too much? At what point does life become so desperate that we can no longer trust God? What has to happen before we give up, believing God has let us down?

"Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher." Isaiah 30:20 (all verses NASB)

Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.” Habakkuk 3:17-18

"Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident." Psalm 27:3

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me." Psalm 138:7

"When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the LORD is the One who holds his hand." Psalm 37:24

"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." I Peter 1:6-7

"For if He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness." Lamentations 3:32

“For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands also heal.” Job 5:18

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day." II Corinthians 4:16

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Though He slay me, I will hope in Him.” Job 13:15

"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.” Psalm 46:2-3

"'Come now, and let us reason together,' says the LORD, 'Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool.'" Isaiah 1:18

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

I guess that pretty much covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As you leave comments and feedback, please remember that this site is desiged to edify and encourage.